Barb Peterson Memorial Orientation Hike 1/4
First of four orientation hikes covering the 2017 Challenge course, 10.3 miles.
|What||Rachel Carson Trail Day Hike|
Oct 01, 2016
from 09:00 am to 03:00 pm
|Contact Name||Michelle Parolini|
|Add event to calendar||
This hike begins at the Harmar Shelter in North Park, climbs up and over the park, down into Crouse Run valley and Hampton Nature Preserve, up to one of the highest points in Allegheny County, passes Hidden Pond, and finishes with some road-walking, ending in Emmerling Park. Meet at Emmerling Park at 9 AM. Directions: Follow Route 910 along the Yellow Belt and turn onto Cove Run Road (adjacent to Emmerling Ice Cream) for 0.3 miles.
- You don't need to notify the hike leader that you plan to attend. Simply show up on time.
- Please bring at least a quart of water (more if the temperature will be warm) and some energy snacks (e.g. Powerbar).
- We will meet at the hike end point and carpool to the start point, leaving a sufficient number of cars behind to carry people back to the start when the hike is over.
- The minimum unaccompanied age is 12.
- Plan for each hike to take 6 hours (up to 4 hours for the hike plus up to 2 hours for sign-in, announcements, car shuttling, and so forth).
- The hike is free. A suggested donation of $3 per person may be given to the hike leader on the day of the hike.