Barb Peterson Memorial Orientation Hike 3/4
Third of four orientation hikes covering the 2017 Challenge course, 8.9 miles.
|What||Rachel Carson Trail Day Hike|
Oct 08, 2016
from 09:00 am to 03:00 pm
|Contact Name||Bob Mulshine|
|Add event to calendar||
This hike begins in Springdale and follows the picturesque bluffs along the Allegheny River, then tackles Murray Hill, Creighton Hill, Bailey’s Hill and Bakerstown Hill. It ends at Bull Creek Road near Tarentum. Meet at the parking area at the intersection of Bull Creek Road and Ridge Road at 9 AM. Directions: Take Route 28 to Exit #14 (Tarentum). Turn north on Bull Creek Road for a very short distance, turn right on Ridge Road, then immediately turn into the parking area on the right.
- You don't need to notify the hike leader that you plan to attend. Simply show up on time.
- Please bring at least a quart of water (more if the temperature will be warm) and some energy snacks (e.g. Powerbar).
- We will meet at the hike end point and carpool to the start point, leaving a sufficient number of cars behind to carry people back to the start when the hike is over.
- The minimum unaccompanied age is 12.
- Plan for each hike to take 6 hours (up to 4 hours for the hike plus up to 2 hours for sign-in, announcements, car shuttling, and so forth).
- The hike is free. A suggested donation of $3 per person may be given to the hike leader on the day of the hike.