Barb Peterson Memorial Orientation Hike 2/4
Second of four orientation hikes covering 2017 Challenge course, 8.6 miles.
|What||Rachel Carson Trail Day Hike|
Oct 02, 2016
from 09:00 am to 03:00 pm
|Where||Springdale Veterans Hall|
|Contact Name||Michelle Parolini|
|Add event to calendar||
This hike heads up and out of Emmerling Park, up Rich Hill, Lefever Hill and Log Cabin hill, heading towards Springdale. We end at Freeport Road in Springdale. Meet at the Springdale Veterans Association Hall parking lot in Springdale at 9 AM. Directions: Take Route 28 to Exit #12A (Pittsburgh Mills). At the end of the ramp, turn away from the mall on the main entrance road, then turn left onto Tawney Run Road. After about 1/2 mile turn right on Riddle Run Road. Follow this road until it ends at Freeport Road and turn right. The Springdale Veterans Association Hall entrance will be on your right in about 1/4 mile. Park on the right side of the building, on the gravel portion of the lot.
- You don't need to notify the hike leader that you plan to attend. Simply show up on time.
- Please bring at least a quart of water (more if the temperature will be warm) and some energy snacks (e.g. Powerbar).
- We will meet at the hike end point and carpool to the start point, leaving a sufficient number of cars behind to carry people back to the start when the hike is over.
- The minimum unaccompanied age is 12.
- Plan for each hike to take 6 hours (up to 4 hours for the hike plus up to 2 hours for sign-in, announcements, car shuttling, and so forth).
- The hike is free. A suggested donation of $3 per person may be given to the hike leader on the day of the hike.