Baker Trail Covered Bridge Work Weekend
Volunteers needed to help save the Crooked Creek Covered Bridge on the Baker Trail
|What||Baker Trail Maintenance|
Nov 10, 2016 09:00 AM
Nov 11, 2016 02:00 PM
|Where||Crooked Creek Covered Bridge|
|Contact Name||Patty Brunner|
|Add event to calendar||
We will be replacing the abutments under the covered bridge. Start time is 9AM Saturday and Sunday at the well site just above the Covered Bridge at Crooked Creek. This work is being done under a DEP Emergency permit with the permission of the US Army Corp of Engineers and the Armstrong Conservation District.
Tools needed: Shovels, picks, mattocks, rakes, gloves, strong backs – all others tools/machinery will be supplied
Lunch will be provided
Scope: The bridge will need jacked up, old timbers removed, new timbers installed and tied back into the hillside, bridge set on new structure. Sounds simple!
- From Kittanning Take N Jefferson St to N Water St (0.2 mi)
- Take PA-66 S to Guthrie Rd in Manor Township (4.7 mi)
- Continue on Guthrie Rd to SR 2015 Campbell Road (not Campbell Run road)
- Follow Campbell Road/SR2015 to the Boarts Road & Kerr Road intersection.
- You will pick up the trail along the road at the intersection of Kerr Road and Boarts Road. Turn right onto Kerr Road and look for the yellow 2 x 6 blazes on the trees and telephone poles. Continue down Kerr Road. You will pass a farm and two houses on your right. Past the second house there is a Baker trail sign leading you to the right onto a dirt road. Please be respectful of the landowners, DRIVE SLOWLY. The trail continues around the back of the house and into a field. Cross the field and pass through the gate into the Equestrian field area. A pavilion is in the middle of the field. Park anywhere in this field. Follow the entrance road you drove in down the hill to the site.
Please let Patty Brunner know you are coming. Thanks!